Standing In The Light Of Your Halo (Prt.6)

[Okay hal post madry shi3ilita! ba6 chabdi!!! Im trying to seperate paragraphs bs mu ra'6i yi9eer! So Im REALLY sorry you guys!]
Reem
----------

I couldnt imagine what Nadia was going through. We have been friends since the day we were born. And her father was an uncle to me.

Nadia was wa7edat omha w oboha, so that was the main cause of her SPOILED-ness. He gave her the best of everything, starting from school to clothes.

Ever since Nadia's parents signed her up at the school we are attending, which was all the way back at nursery her parents threw an annual party at their place, to get to know the parents of the children Nadia was going to school with. And for all I can remember, any kid who came to this partied, left wishing his/her parents were just like Nadias. Many envied her, some believed she was a spoiled brat, but others knew that this was just one little happy family where the parents provided the best for their child.

The 3aza was painful for Nadia. Even though she was surrounded by everyone that loved her, and her dad, she wouldnt stop crying. The first 3 days of the 3aza she refused to eat anything completely. She survived on water. I tried forcing food down her throat, but after countless hours I would give up. I slept over at her house with my mom so we would keep them company during these painful couple of days. Nadia wouldnt sleep but when she would it would last for half an hour before I'd find her crying silently on her bed, or she'd creep out on the balcony and look at the stars waiting for for the sun to rise, remembering those days in the chalet when her father would sit out with her in the middle of the night, watching the stars and turning them into shapes, waiting for the sun to rise since it was there favorite moment and view in the whole world.

They day of the 3aza when the whole senior class came to 3azi Nadia, she was just unrecognizable. She has grown pale, and skinny. And with the scars on the right ride of her face she just doesnt look the same anymore.

Nadia
----------
Too many teary eyes, too many sorry looks, to many loud cries were too much on me. Lama el kil men el madria ya to pay their respect, I had gotten enough of it. I didnt expcet everyone to be there, but they've all showed up. 6alal doesnt look the same. The look on his face broke the last piece that was left of my heart. It was too much, so I after a few minutes after most of them showed up, I went out to the garden alone.

I took off the black 3abaya and shayla. I felt imprisoned in the black that wrapped my body. I cried quitely, alone, wishing and praying that this is all a nightmare. I looked around as I let the suns rays hit my skin, waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out and screaming "You Got Punk-ed", But sadly, this was all reality.

Khalid
-----------
Awal ma 7a6o esim obo nadia bil jareeda, 9oub el wafiyat, oboy 9akat fe el dinya. After a while oboy gali mino ohwa o ena binta ma3ay, bs ma 3iraft mino ela laman gal esim Nadia. Ee Nadia, el bint el wa7eeda el khathat galbi. That day at dinner my dad had his face cuffed in his hands.

"Shfek bo-khalid?" my mom asked him as she placed the pieces of garlic bread on the table.

"Mum9adig, M7md, M7md el yisawi el musta7el 3ashan ay wa7id etwafa" he mummbled.

"Yuba" I spoke "Shlon et3arf obo Nadia, w laish chithy mit2athir?"

"Lou mu m7md, chan e7na el7een bil shari3"
I gave my parents a confused look, but decided not to ask anything else.. I sipped on my coke wala my dad goes on ..
"7abeby Khalid, e7na dazaynak boarding school all these years, mu 3ashan shay, bs ena makina nabek tit2athar bili kan yi9er fena lama khisarna kilshay."
Then my mom decided to speak up "Obok kan bil bor9a, w 7a6 kil floosa 3ala saham wa7id, chan takhsir el sharika, wbook khisar kil shay, fa 6il3ana men el bait, wana o obok kena kila nithawash, baqyna enwadek 3ind yaditiik et3esh, bs b3dain enta bidait madrisa, w m7md alah yir7ma lazam ena yiwadeek a7sen madrisa, fa ohwa el dazak 3ala 7saba boarding school."
I was shocked, madry shagool ..
My dad started reminscing bout the past outloud "Alah yir7ama kan ma3ay men el ebtida2y W kamalna ma3a ba3a'6 lay el jam3a.."he paused for a moment as he held back his tears "youm bil thanaweya, kina ma3a shilatna, wala m7md yit-thakar ena aku emti7an b3ad el fir9a o mu darisla, fa lama dash el 9af, sawa ru7a yi6ee7 qashyan, wuhwa 3ala el arth, ga3id yith7aak, ou wa7id min rabi3na gi3ad yi6ig 3ala nafsa w y9arikh 'sa3dooo digaw 3ala el es3aaaaf' .. wala ayaam"
My mom disappeard off and came back with huge box. She placed it on the dinner table and opened it up. There were pictures, thousands of them ..
We stayed up all night looking at pictures of el mar7ooom, and to my shock, me and Nadia as kids hung out a lot, we had a ton pf pictures together, and our parents together ...
My parents went to bed so i stayed in my dads maktab photocopying pictures. I put them in an album, and that morning, I let my dad write comments or things that happened at the time the pictures were taken. As we were doing that, my dad gal "Thakartni, wain el box el kan fe kel el u9war?" I pulled up the box form under the table, and my dad shuffled through it, lay he pulled out a couple of papers stappled together. "7i6 hatha ma3a the album w 3a6a Nadia. Enta lat9er malgoof ou la tigra! Hatha oboha kitba the day el enwaldat feha w wa9ani a36eha eya etha 9ar fe ayshay.."
As much as i wanted to read it, I didnt. Ri7na that day to the 3aza, and I couldnt give it to her, cuz 3aza el riyayeel kan mukan qayr 3an el 7areem .. I kept it my car, so I would give it to her anytime see her. I got the word that everyone was going to pay repect to her a couple of days later, so I drove to her house, and when I got there, I found her sitting outside crying quitely. She broke my heart into a million little pieces.
I debated with myself if I should go to her, wala la2, so I came up with a conclusion to go to her, and ask her if she wanted to be alone wala la2. Nizalt men sayara and i just stared at her, before remembering the photo album and pulling it out from the backseat of my Range Rover. I walked up to her, and she looked up.
"Kh-aah .. Khalid" she cried out jidami.
I wanted to hug her, I wanted to s badly, but I couldnt. I sat next to her and gave her the huge album.
"Sh-shino hatha?"
"Take a look at it w ra7 etchoufen" I answered her.
She opened up the first page and saw a picture of her dad carrying her on his shoulders, and the ice cream dripping on his head. She giggled in between the her tears.
She turned the page, there were pictures of me and her eb Lbnan, still kids, eb 3arabtna, both our dads pushing us, and our moms carrying shopping bags.
"Omg!" she had a smile on her face now "Is that you?", I nodded "You were so cute, what happend!"
"Yeah, i got hotter" radait 3lyha. She looked at me, and even though her eyes were still watery, there was a smile on her face.
There were so many more pictures, 100 pages of pictures. There were some in kuwait, some bara. But every picture had Nadia and her father in it.
She giggled at the pictures, but every once in a while a tear would fall.
Then she came to the last page, where my dad had putten the letter, and started reading it outloud.




3 comments:

Teenager At Sea said...

Please Continue!
It's Heartbreaking Reading This Post, Wayid T2athir Feeni Hesowalif Madri Laish....

Anonymous said...

NEEEXTT PLEASEEE;*

-Shayuuukh!

Anonymous said...

tara you guys, this is 7ada 3ajeeb;********

Post a Comment